Thursday, July 9, 2009

No, we didn't hear a thing...

While my parents were over for dinner tonight, there was a knock at the front door. I leave the table to open the door and find my neighbor and this view. Apparently, our pear tree split and fell over making a huge crash. It disturbed the entire neighborhood, but we never heard a thing. I blame it on having two energetic two year olds. It was a shock to see this from our front door.So much for our mail box. The tree landed square on it. Check out how close it was from landing on Daddy's truck. Literally missed it by about a foot.
It blocked the whole street.
We called the city and two officers came by an hour later. They were not too concerned and told us that someone will be out tomorrow to move it. It is always something, huh? Just lucky it didn't do manage than it did. R.I.P. maroon mailbox.

No comments: