Sunday, July 19, 2009

10 Years

B came home a few weeks ago with a surprise for all of us. He had booked a weekend in my favorite hotel in downtown Ft. Worth for our tenth anniversary. My ideal weekend. I have been wanting to take the babies to the Ft. Worth Zoo for awhile. And they loved it! Despite the impression Colton gives in this picture. He got shy with the stranger we asked to take our family pic.Ellie was SOOO ready to go. She woke up for days asking to go to the zoo. I took this picture while we waited for the gates to open. It says it all. Here is my family in front of the lions. Depending on when you ask them, the lions were their favorites. The daddy lion just slept, but the mommy lions and the cubs were entertaining as they wrestled and chased each other.
Ellie will also tell you the penguins were her favorites. She knows that they are definitely her mommy's. Here Dada shows Colton and Elliette some really large snake. This is as close as I could physically get without breaking into a total body sweat. I was proud to get this close.
And the surprise of the day was the train ride. We didn't mention it until we bought the tickets and were loading. They both LOVE trains and this was their first time to ride one. It was a short ride around the zoo. Perfect for us.
Later that night, we went out to dinner and afterwards drove around TCU. The gates to the stadium were open, so we just walked in to take a look around. B loves anything and all things NCAA football. We have stopped at many stadiums during our travels.
Ft. Worth was awesome. We walked around Sundance Square, enjoyed the hotel's pool, breakfasts, and overall atmosphere. It is always nice to getaway so we can just focus on each other and not worry about anything else. I never dreamed I could be happier than I was ten years ago on our wedding day. But everyday is better than the previous one. We are very blessed and thank God for all He has given us everyday.

No comments: